The Translations Director is an appointed position on the ACYA National Executive, and is a member ACYA's Executive Directors primarily responsible for the management of ACYA's Translations Portfolio.
The objective of the Translations Director is to oversee and manage all internal ACYA translation work for the National Executive Committee.
- Recruit bilingually capable (qualified where possible) translators to the portfolio as Translations officers
- Deployment of the translations team to different projects, portfolios, operations, Chapters and/or executives within ACYA, on request
- Provide quality control (review) of all translation work
- Maintain up-to-date translation of the ACYA website
- Report to the Portfolio Manager each month and attend monthly team meetings
- Directly assist with the translation of ACYA content, when required
- Deploy spare team resources, when available, to assist Chapters with ad hoc translation of content (on request)
- Management and leadership of a team of officers
- Time commitment of ~10 hours/week
- Demonstrated project management ability (team-leadership experiences preferred)
- Demonstrated high level of English and Chinese proficiency and translation ability (qualifications desired but not mandatory)
- Demonstrated high level of cultural awareness between Australia and China
- Demonstrated working knowledge and involvement in Australia-China affairs