Austrade-ACYA Internship Program 2018 (Mainland China)
The Australian Trade and Investment Commission–Austrade–contributes to Australia’s economic prosperity by helping Australian businesses, education institutions, tourism operators, governments and citizens as they:
- develop international markets and promote international education
- win productive foreign direct investment
- strengthen Australia’s tourism industry
- seek consular and passport services.
Austrade achieves this by generating market information and insight, promoting Australian capabilities, developing policy, making connections through an extensive global network of contacts, leveraging the badge of government offshore and providing quality advice and services. For further details, please check our website https://www.austrade.gov.au/About/about
The Internship Program
Location: Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu and Guangzhou
The internship lasts between eight to twelve weeks, beginning in February 2018.
The intern should expect expenses associated with visa, travel, accommodation and insurance during the internship period will be the responsibility of the intern. If travel is required by Austrade for business purposes, the associated travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by Austrade according to the Austrade Travel Policy.
The successful applicants will be required to go through the Austrade security check process before commencing work in Austrade office.
Summary of Duties
- Assisting with event planning, development
- Revising market and industry profiles and presentations
- Assisting with social media and online content creation, marketing database
- Administrative tasks and preparation and editing of general documents
- supporting the Austrade team with project management and organisation
- Supporting the Senior Trade Commissioner with ad-hoc requests that may arise
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Have completed at least three years of university studies in Australia
- Have strong research skills and ability to synthesize and analyse data
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be proficient with Microsoft Suite (Office, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Have the ability to work independently and in a team
- Have the ability to show initiative
- Have experience or demonstrated knowledge of Australian and/or Chinese commercial sectors
Interns must have excellent English skills with Chinese Mandarin language skills being highly desirable.
Preferred qualifications and experience vary for the specific needs of each location but may include Finance, Business, Economics, Commerce, Marketing and Public Relations.
How to Apply
All applications must include the following:
2. A covering letter outlining how you meet the above criteria and your available period and your preferred location, to take up the internship.
Please send your application to James Tang (email@example.com) and Doris Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org)by 15 December 2017.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications expected, we are unable to respond to each applicant. We endeavour to respond to applicants of interest within six weeks from the application closing date.