Applications for this internship are not currently being accepted. Please check back soon to find out whether applications have reopened
Austrade-ACYA Internship Program
The Australian Trade Commission – Austrade – contributes to Australia’s economic prosperity by helping Australian businesses, education institutions, tourism operators, governments and citizens as they:
- develop international markets;
- win productive foreign direct investment;
- promote international education;
- strengthen Australia’s tourism industry;
- seek consular and passport services
We achieve this by generating market information and insight, promoting Australian capabilities, developing policy, making connections through an extensive global network of contacts, leveraging the badge of government offshore and providing quality advice and services.
For further details, please check our website :
The Internship Program
Location: Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Taipei
The internship lasts between eight to twelve weeks, commencement date are flexible depending on the project requirements and interns’ availability.
Austrade will, where necessary, assists with application for visa allowing the intern to work in Austrade office.
The internship will be unpaid. Expenses associated with visa, travel, accommodation and insurance during the internship period will be the responsibility of the intern. If travel is required by Austrade for business purposes, the associated travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by Austrade according to the Austrade Travel Policy.
The successful applicant will be required to go through Austrade security check process before commencing work in Austrade office.
Summary of Duties
The intern will assist with event management, online social media, marketing database/administrative tasks and research. Create, update or expand market presentations, industry profiles and bilingual speech templates. Will also support the Austrade team more generally in the normal running of projects, as directed by Trade Commissioners/Senior Trade Commissioners.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Have completed at least three years of college in Australia
- Have strong research skills and ability to synthesize and analyse data
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of Australian and / or Chinese commercial sectors
- Chinese language ability is preferred
- Previous experience of study or living in Great China area is preferred
How to Apply
All applications must include the following:
- Cover letter-please outline how you meet the above criteria and indicate your available
Please send your application to: email@example.com by 20 August 2016.
Note: Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to each applicant. We endeavour to respond to applicants of interest within a period of four to six weeks from the application closing date. If you are not requested to attend an interview, please assume that your application has not been successful.